The Friendship Center maintains a fleet of 9 vehicles. Our fleet of safe, reliable vans provides transportation for Seniors and the disabled throughout Montgomery County. Our drivers are caring, respectful individuals who enjoy interacting with those entrusted to their care.
Funding assistance is provided through grants from the Houston-Galveston Area Council on Aging, The Montgomery County United Way, Montgomery County Commissioner's Court and Community Development, and The Texas Department of Transportation.
Passengers are required to complete an in-take form for assistance in maintaining accurate records and to provide the needed information for transportation services. There are no fees required, but a donation is requested to assist with operational costs.
- Wheelchair accessible vans/buses;
- Transportation for routine and specialized medical appointments, including Dialysis, physical therapy and rehabilitation;
- Transportation to business appointments, the post office, grocery and other essential shopping needs;
- Field trips to local and regional attractions including movie theatres, concerts, and shopping destinations; and
- Transportation to each of our centers for activities and a meal
We request 1 week advance notice for new clients and 3 business day advance notice for returning clients to ensure our scheduling runs smoothly. For more information e-mail us or call The Friendship Center's Transportation Department at 936-756-3161 during normal business hours Monday-Friday 8am-4pm.